Friday, August 24, 2007

This photo is from FaceHunter. I have a skirt *just* like this that I bought in Singapore, only it's quite a bit longer. I loved the high waist when I bought it, but there's something not quite right about it that's been keeping me from wearing it (or at least wanting to wear it) allthetime. Seeing this picture makes me realize that it's the length that's boring! I like to wear my skirts more like oversize belts with opaque tights underneath. I think I'll take the scissors to it when I get home from work this evening.



More progress on the super secret project last night. You'll have to wait until mid September for pictures, but I'm thinking it could be finished as soon as this Sunday!! This is the first piece I've ever collaborated with another designer on, and I'm *really* enjoying the process. We both remarked yesterday that it seems so easy! I suppose that's because we work so well together.

My high-waisted love is not waning any time soon...from the Sartorialist.


Also from the Sartorialist, this lady is wearing a mens shirt as a SKIRT, and the comments state there is no sewing done to it either, just wrapping and tucking. I can see she is wearing the collar around her waist, but I also think the largest mens shirts have around a 20" collar, maybe? I would really love to see a picture from the back, too.


I also picked up an amazing dress at the GC last night. Big surprise. I'm so happy that second hand purchases are allowed in my Wardrobe Refashion pledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment