Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Crafts I don't get

I subscribe to the CRAFT magazine blog feed because approx 1 to 1.5 out of every hundred posts interests me. Things like hot glue decals, rhinestone covered clocks, pinatas, rag rugs, etc. are all at least somewhat useful, in my opinion.

But this? and this? and this? CROCHETED FOOD? It's a waste of time, it's a waste of materials, it's just a waste! And don't get me started on amigurumi.

And just so you know I have nothing against crochet. I made a dress once, remember?

Edited to add: knitted bicycles and swingsets

1 comment:

  1. Hey there,

    thanks for the link, even though it wasn't a favorable one. In this case, I crocheted food for my niece for her to use in her play kitchen. I think it is cuter and safer than the plastic stuff.

    So while crafts like mine definately aren't for everyone, I'm ok with that - they tend to be a big hit with 2-year olds. :)

    ReplyDelete