I cooked the turkey this year, so I chose to celebrate its significance by making a dress to wear.
I used a vintage 70's wedding dress pattern for this one, with some modifications. For fabric I used this really nice heavy wool that I have had for so long I no longer remember where I got it.
One of the modifications I made was the gathering on the skirt. The original had the gathering on the sides....which is a terrible idea if you ask me. I think it looks much better with the gathers between the princess seams.
Probably the most fun part of this is the lining: an Alexander Henry print.
The most significant aspect of this dress though is what happened after I put the zipper in. The top edge didn't quite line up, and so to hide that I attached a little bow which attaches with a trouser hook on one side.
This is going to be my signature detail from now on - I love it so much!!