Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Another before and after

This is such a huge step for me! Actual documentation of my creations! I worked on this dress Sunday. It's from a robe that my friend Erik sent to me - this was in the same batch as the flowered dress I made out of a skirt on Friday.

Before front and back:

And the finished dress!
The magenta and black polka dot fabric comes from this dress I cut up years ago and had been saving for just the right project. You can't tell from the picture but the magenta picks up some of the colors in the embroidery really nicely.

My interview with the Free Press on Monday was SO MUCH FUN! There was a full on photoshoot afterwards, and happily for me, the reporter loved my two favorites the most so those were the ones I was photographed in. The photographer was great - we got to go into the basement!! I'm eagerly anticipating the article - which will be the cover article of the Living section on Thursday the 19th.

Today I am covering the shop for Xmas - I am finding SO MANY cute things! I've got my eye on two skirts, a top, and this awesome zipper pin. It's by local crafter Stacie Mincher and it appeals to so many of my sensibilities - recycled, vintage, sewing, accessories, and it's even slightly punk rock. I might have to get a barrette, too.

Here I am in the store!


I also finished this sweater that I was trying something crazy on today. It would take me too long to explain the crazy, but basically I'm not thrilled with how it came out. I don't hate it, and I might even wear it, but it's not perfect. It is soft and comfortable though. Eh. Now I'm going to try my hand at crocheting - and I'm starting with a really complicated dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment