- Clothes to keep
- Clothes to toss, and
- "maybe" clothes to hold on to until the next time.
- clothes to rework into something else
- clothes to hang onto until the next clothing swap (too nice to cut up, not nice enough for resale)
- clothes to consign (normally this never makes it out of the house since I have no car and just ends up moving from pile to pile over the years)
- I buy WAY too much stuff at Charlotte Russe!
- I have a weakness for GAP clearance ("It's $1.99, how can I not buy it?")
- I would be slightly embarrassed to show up at a clothing swap with near obscene amounts of the above two retailers' merchandise
Well, I came up with something that I think just might work - "lite" reconstruction/embellishment. I've got this great Alexander Henry fabric that's all skulls and roses, and while it is awesome to look at, I've had a hard time coming up with something you could make with it to wear that wouldn't look like you just waltzed out from a shopping spree at the World's Worst Craft Fair. What if I used the skull and rose motifs as applique? Sort of an Anna Sui vibe like this dress:
It can be my diffusion line!