Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm big in Montreal

I can't believe that I forgot to post about this - but Heinous Shrew is now available for purchase in Montreal! Xmas of the Green Closet has connections up there (watch for lots more amazing vintage goodness to be in her shop) and she graciously included some HS merchandise when she went up in June.

I moved the rest of my stuff out of the studio this past weekend - and now am co-habitating with many contractor-grade black plastic bags full of fabric! In my effort to downsize, I have been going through a bag/box/container a night, and I have to say it is a lot more tiring than I thought - it takes a lot of energy to part with stuff that I have been collecting, storing and moving around with me for over 10 years.

I finished the dress that I had cut out while I was working in the studio. It is really cute and the pattern itself was very easy, unfortunately the dress is just way too big for me, so it will be at the Green Closet before the week is out. I still have to hem it and finish the "sleeves."

A while ago I decided to participate in a Breastfeeding Awareness Week fashion show that's going to be held downtown on August 4th - and I haven't even started sewing for it yet! I do love a deadline though, and haven't missed one yet.

Oh yes, my friends Eric and Will are having an opening at Studio STK this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment