Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Singapore sling!

My employer is sending me to Singapore for 2 weeks in early April to do some training, so I had to get a passport, and it came in the mail yesterday! Yay! I'm so excited for this trip - Singapore is right on the Equator, so I'm hoping to be able to see some tropical foliage. It's going to feel so good to sweat! I'm not sure if I'll be able to feel the sun on my face though, because it has almost no pigment and might burn right off! Next on my list is to research fabric stores - shopping is a "national pastime" there, and given that it's the largest shipping port in the world, I'm betting that there will be a great selection!

Speaking of fabric shopping, here are some pics of the fabric I got the other day. They are both semi-sheer, but it's hard to tell from the picture. The second one is people!


I also made it to the Possibilities shop on Saturday and got some great vintage patterns - these are just a few:



Finally, here are some of the new patterns that I got on Friday:


I'm really excited to do some sewing this weekend. The hard part is going to be deciding what to make first!

No comments:

Post a Comment