Friday, May 18, 2007

I noticed today that I have this "thing"...

...where I get almost done with a knitting project and then set it aside. The most recent victim of this phenomenon is the Complicated Crochet Dress. I put it down a few weeks ago with only a few more rows at the bottom to go. I picked it up earlier this week and I'm committing to finishing it this weekend!

I also got the latest issue of Knit 1 yesterday. Best issue ever! There are SO many cute patterns in there - I'd love to get started on one by next week...like the middle one here - I love that it's knitted but looks like crochet.


I'm also really starting to miss sewing. I haven't worked on anything in weeks! My place is still too messy to start bringing more stuff in though, and I can't really justify a day at the studio right now. Maybe there won't be any yardsaleing tomorrow because of the crappy weather and I can spend all day cleaning and moving.

I added at least 30 new street fashion blogs to my Google reader yesterday - I just spent the last 45 minutes going through them all and found this:

I have wanted a jacket like this my entire life - but I want it to be really really tiny, and broken in, and I don't want to spend a fortune on it. Now that I'm sewing with leather again, I got the crazy idea to look for a sewing pattern to make one! I found the perfect one on the Vogue website - unfortunately it's out of print, which means I can't get it on super-sale at JoAnn's. But wait - look what I found on eBay!


For the princely sum of $5+$3 shipping, it is on its way to me!

Now I just need to get my hands on the perfect coat to cut up...

No comments:

Post a Comment